15 September 2021
What’s next for ethical supply chains: a horizon-scan from the Accountability Framework initiative coalition
In 2019, the publication of the Accountability Framework brought new clarity and consensus for those working to build ethical supply chains for agricultural and forestry products. Since then, the civil society coalition behind the Framework has grown, and major companies, industry groups, monitoring and assessment platforms, and reporting systems have applied it to take action on commodity-linked deforestation, conversion, and human rights abuses.
Two years on, the Accountability Framework initiative (AFi) partners reflect on progress to date and the path ahead. Join us for a candid panel discussion with leaders from the AFi coalition on what the future holds for ethical supply chains, how companies can and must tackle deforestation to achieve broader climate, emissions, and sustainability targets, and what strategies civil society will be using to drive progress.
- Nicolette Bartlett, Executive Director, CDP
- Leandro Baumgarten, Zero Deforestation Strategy Scientist, The Nature Conservancy
- Shawn MacDonald, CEO, Verité
- Martha Stevensen, Senior Director, Strategy and Research, Forests, WWF
- Moderated by Frances Seymour, Distinguished Senior Fellow, WRI
- 15 September 2021
- 9am EST (New York) | 11am GMT-3 (Sao Paolo) | 2pm BST (London) | 8pm WIB (Jakarta)