For INDUSTRY AND MULTI-STAKEHOLDER INITIATIVES
Supporting strong sector- and industry-level sustainability initiatives
The Accountability Framework serves as a template to help industry associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives develop strong guidelines, action frameworks, and progress metrics.
The value of a common approach for ethical supply chains
Industry associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives play a key role in bringing together peer companies and other stakeholders to define shared goals and scale up ethical supply chains at the sectoral level. Yet agreeing on common goals and implementation systems can be challenging and time-consuming. Trusted references such as the Accountability Framework provide a foundation to jump-start such processes.
By following the Accountability Framework, industry associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives can accelerate policy development processes and move more rapidly into problem-solving and implementation. This has enabled such groups to avoid 'reinventing the wheel' and to proceed with confidence that their guidelines will be recognised as following accepted best practice.
Additionally, initiatives benefit from the Framework’s position as a common 'umbrella' for goal-setting, implementation, and monitoring of ethical supply chains. By using the Framework, initiatives can develop approaches that are aligned with stakeholder expectations and with leading implementation tools and monitoring systems.
How to use the Framework
Industry and multi-stakeholder initiatives can apply the Accountability Framework at each step of their work, including to:
- Guide the development of sector-level policies, standards, and definitions
- Align key implementation actions with global good practice
- Develop metrics, KPIs, and reporting processes that align with the Framework and with existing reporting and disclosure systems
- Design industry- and sector-level initiatives to help drive progress across the entire supply chain by aligning them with the Framework’s end-to-end approach
Industry and multi-stakeholder initiatives interested in using the Framework are invited to:
- See how other such groups have benefitted from using the Framework
- Learn more about how the Framework can be used to design each step of an ethical supply chain approach
- Learn more about how the Framework addresses key sustainability issues
- Contact us for individualised support to get started